Clínica de La cuesta
Specialties Cosmetic Surgery.
Elimination of annoying excessive sweating through a simple surgery.
Cosmetic Surgery Treatments
What is axillary hyperhidrosis?
The elimination of annoying excessive sweating is possible through a simple surgery. The technique allows us to correct this problem that affects both the armpits and the feet and hands.
Hyperhidrosis surgery is performed by video-assisted thoracoscopy with two small incisions in the armpits. Surgical treatment is advisable when the patient has tried different treatments, such as the use of medications and the application of antiperspirants and botulinum toxin, without achieving the desired result.
Hyperhidrosis surgery is a valid alternative that permanently ends sweating in almost 100% of cases. As a treatment against excessive sweating, it is viable for all cases, unless there is a contraindication such as cases of patients with high surgical risk.
The procedure is carried out under general anesthesia and with the assistance of videothoracoscopy. The specialist makes a small incision at the height of the armpit through which a specially designed camera is placed to see inside the thorax. The objective of this camera is to identify the sympathetic nerve, which is the one that regulates sweating.
More than 70 professionals at your service.
Surgery protocol for the patient in augmentation mammoplasty.
1. Admission, registration and informative visit: The first step before starting any treatment is to have a first consultation with the specialist, in it, you will be provided with exhaustive information related to your case and full advice on all the treatment possibilities and the expectations of improvement in your problem, you will be an essential and thorough clinical history by the doctor who is going to treat her.
2. What to bring to the clinic: It will be very useful if you bring all the medical history in your possession, analysis of the last year, medical and surgical reports, as well as a list of the medication that you may be taking at present.
3. Recommendations for smokers: It is necessary to reduce the consumption of tobacco to the minimum possible, maximum three cigarettes a day, during the ten days prior to the intervention. The correct oxygenation of the treated tissues is fundamental for a correct evolution of the therapeutic procedure.
4. If you are going to undergo surgery: You must be on a total fast (not even water) from 12 at night the day before, not like this, if the intervention is going to be carried out under local anesthesia. Do not take any medication that contains aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) during the ten days prior to the intervention. Eliminate tobacco use. If possible, choose a date for the intervention that does not coincide with the days of menstruation.
- Follow the instructions of the medical professional promptly.
- Go to appointments after treatment.
- Do not hide information from medical personnel about your health circumstances and habits such as smoking, alcohol consumption or drugs of any kind.
- Communicate the real expectations that you want to obtain with the requested treatment.
The discomfort of this treatment is minimal. It does not require rest and is a safe and non-invasive treatment.
Links of Interest
Request your appointment now with us through doctoralia.