Clínica de la cuesta
Specialties Aesthetic Medicine.
Treatment to remove excess gum.
Aesthetic Medicine Treatments
What is the gummy smile?
A gummy smile is when an excessive amount of gum is shown when smiling, which can be a cosmetic concern for some people.
Treatment for a gummy smile can vary depending on the cause. Here are some treatment options that may be considered:
- Periodontal Surgery: If the cause of the gummy smile is excessive gum exposure due to an enlarged jaw bone, a periodontal surgical procedure may be recommended. This procedure involves trimming away gum tissue and bone to expose less gum and more teeth.
- Orthodontics: In some cases, the gummy smile may be due to a bad position of the teeth or a discrepancy between the length of the teeth and the gums. Orthodontics, with devices such as brackets or transparent aligners, can be an option to correct the position of the teeth and reduce the amount of visible gum.
- Botulinum toxin (Botox) : If the cause of your gummy smile is excessive activity of the upper lip muscles, botulinum toxin injection may be an option. Botulinum toxin helps relax muscles and reduce the amount of gum visible during a smile.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: If your gummy smile is due to a cosmetic problem, such as short teeth or an irregular gum line, cosmetic dentistry may be an option. Cosmetic procedures such as dental veneers, crowns, or gum grafts can help improve the appearance of the teeth and gums.
It is important to consult a periodontist, orthodontist, or cosmetic dentist to determine the best treatment option for your specific case.
More than 70 professionals at your service.
Surgery protocol for the patient in augmentation mammoplasty.
1. Admission, registration and informative visit: The first step before starting any treatment is to have a first consultation with the specialist, in it, you will be provided with exhaustive information related to your case and full advice on all the treatment possibilities and the expectations of improvement in your problem, you will be an essential and thorough clinical history by the doctor who is going to treat her.
2. What to bring to the clinic: It will be very useful if you bring all the medical history in your possession, analysis of the last year, medical and surgical reports, as well as a list of the medication that you may be taking at present.
3. Recommendations for smokers: It is necessary to reduce the consumption of tobacco to the minimum possible, maximum three cigarettes a day, during the ten days prior to the intervention. The correct oxygenation of the treated tissues is fundamental for a correct evolution of the therapeutic procedure.
4. If you are going to undergo surgery: You must be on a total fast (not even water) from 12 at night the day before, not like this, if the intervention is going to be carried out under local anesthesia. Do not take any medication that contains aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) during the ten days prior to the intervention. Eliminate tobacco use. If possible, choose a date for the intervention that does not coincide with the days of menstruation.
- Follow the instructions of the medical professional promptly.
- Go to appointments after treatment.
- Do not hide information from medical personnel about your health circumstances and habits such as smoking, alcohol consumption or drugs of any kind.
- Communicate the real expectations that you want to obtain with the requested treatment.
The discomfort of this treatment is minimal. It does not require rest and is a safe and non-invasive treatment.
Links of Interest
Request your appointment now with us through doctoralia.